Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dear Susan 2

I have been thinking about Beaches.
Not the coastal sandy areas that become so popular this time of year, beckoning me to come "cool down in the water" whilst knowing full well how delicate and sensitive my fair Irish complexion is and how red and blistery it gets when I succumb to its call. No not those Beaches. The movie Beaches. With the fabulous Bette Midler and the "I cannot quite warm to her in other movies, but in this one I like her" Barbara Hershey.
I was thinking, now that we are long distance friends, but lifelong friends due to a crazy afternoon near a photo booth and boardwalk type set-up, that we are kind of like Beaches.
I wonder though, who would we be? I want to say that I am Bette Midler, mainly because in real life we share a birthday, and maybe just a little bit because I sing. But, I don't want to sentence you to Barbara Hershey.... because well, you know how it ends, although you do have darker hair and are prettier and have quite often provided wind for my wings.
That said, I now have a child. Which kinda makes me a tad more Babs than Bette. Can you see my dilemma?
I will have to try and find a more fitting movie for us to be based on.
I almost kinda want to say Sleepless in Seattle, but people wouldn't quite know what to make of that. (Although, if you said, I would wait on Valentines Day at the Empire State Building, provided the line is not too long and that I could get a babysitter.)

Lots of confused love
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment